Put a dent in the universe.
Be part of an award-winning workplace culture. At Grants Plus we live company values of building trust, embracing balance, pushing to be the best, and caring for our communities, our clients, and each other.
We believe in supporting the wellness of our team so they can bring their best to our clients.
We offer flexible schedules, a remote work culture, and dedicated time for professional development. We're such an awesome place to work that we have awards to prove it. Grants Plus won a national Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association as well as other national and local awards that illustrate our commitment to supporting our staff and furthering the success of our clients.
The Progressive Organization Award recognizes organizations that prioritize women based initiatives, promote opportunities for advancement, or create family-friendly workplaces. Grants Plus is honored to celebrate this award within our team and across our family of nonprofit clients.
Each year, the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University recognizes an elite group of companies who are the best example of leadership, growth and success in our region. Grants Plus is once again proud to be honored as a Weatherhead 100 Company, in recognition of our firm's achievements and advancement.
Grants Plus strives to be an anti-racist firm and an Equal Employment Opportunity workplace. From our founding, we’ve been a mission-based, values-driven firm that welcomes and nurtures the unique talents, contributions, ideas, and experiences of our team. We seek to intentionally grow the diversity of our staff across geography, gender, sexuality, race, belief, ability, and other realms and identities, in order to be reflective and inclusive of the diverse communities and missions of our client organizations. We take proactive steps to ensure a diverse applicant pool for any open positions.
Description of the role
Grants Plus is growing! We are currently seeking full-time grant professionals to fill our internal Engagement Specialist and Strategist consultant positions. Now is an exciting time to join an experienced team of other grant seeking professionals to lead exceptional grant writing, research, and strategy as a consultant within engagements for nonprofit clients and to positively contribute to the company's team culture, national reputation, and impact in the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
Our grants consultants directly engage with a portfolio of nonprofit clients. They will directly advise clients and deliver exceptional grant writing and grant research services. They are accountable for troubleshooting client challenges and proposing strategies and solutions, leading conversations and sales steps to renew and extend engagements with clients and applying Grants Plus standards and making independent judgements to meet engagement objectives and achieve client satisfaction. They contribute to improving processes and building internal knowledge of industry trends, and participates in professional development experiences and special projects as requested.
Qualities we desire:
Our team members come to Grants Plus with varied backgrounds, but share a common commitment to the nonprofit and philanthropic sector, to one another, and to our firm’s success. We seek candidates who have the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in nonprofit grant seeking. Has advanced knowledge and skills related to grant seeking and grants management, including grant writing, research, editing, budget development, and funder strategy and relationship May have experience as a grant writer, grants manager, or foundation relations managers.
- Experience in consulting for nonprofit clients. The Engagement Specialist/Strategist will be accountable to meet billable hours expectations, apply our internal process standards, use project management tools, and fulfill defined scopes of work within client engagements.
- Adeptness at project management and delegation. We take a team approach to our work with clients. This role requires a team leader who can work collaboratively and be comfortable supervising and integrating the work of other staff and contractors.
- Personal and professional attributes:
- Is independently motivated and proactive to offer ideas, raise questions, and propose
- Embraces and practices direct, respectful, and clear
- Is effective interacting with people with varying personalities and communication
- Leads with
- Has attention to detail while seeing the big picture and can set the strategy to get
- At least 5 years of experience in grant seeking and grant writing, with success managing a high volume of grant submissions and simultaneous deadlines.
- An eagerness to positively contribute to our company culture and values, including to our commitment to being an anti-racist firm that strives towards building and maintaining greater diversity, equity, and inclusion within Grants Plus, the grant seeking and fundraising profession, and the nonprofit consulting sector
Location: The Engagement Specialist will join a remote work environment, working from anywhere in the U.S. When travel can be safely resumed, occasional travel may be expected to the firm's main office in Cleveland, Ohio, and to client offices located across the U.S.
Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position. Compensation includes generous benefits (health insurance, paid time off and company holidays, Simple IRA plan, and bonuses based on individual and company performance). Salary will be based on experience; the salary band for this role is $55,000 - $65,000
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF attachment to the attention of Human Resources at Careers@grantsplus.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide a writing sample and references. Only applications that follow these instructions will be considered.