Put a dent in the universe.
Be part of an award-winning workplace culture. At Grants Plus we live company values of truth, bravery, hard work, fun, excellence, and team work.
We believe in supporting the wellness of our team so they can bring their best to our clients.
We offer flexible work schedules, company-wide volunteer days, and crazy amounts of professional development. We're such an awesome place to work that we have awards to prove it. Grants Plus won a national 2016 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association and a 2016 Progressive Organization Award from Smart Business.
The Senior Consultant will be a key member of the Client Services Team. He or she will complete, prepare, and oversee preparation of grant applications and proposals; develop trusted advisor relationships with clients; develop and maintain a network of funders and other stakeholders in the philanthropic community; identify sales opportunities with current and prospective clients; and manage work on multiple projects while ensuring on-time, on budget delivery of high quality work products.
Reports to: Executive Consultant
- Professional grant writing experience and excellent written communication skills, including the ability to write clear, structured, persuasive proposals
- Funding prospect research experience
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with Northeast Ohio philanthropic community
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel, as well as familiarity with fundraising research products such as Foundation Directory Online
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and a part of a team
- Ability to multitask
- Meets deadlines and works well under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Ability to manage people
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years of nonprofit experience, including development, grant writing and management, program development, building relationships with funders, and working with all levels of organizational staff and leadership
Location: This position will be based in Northeast Ohio and most work can be completed remotely.
Hours: Full-time or part-time considered; full-time preferred.
Compensation: Based on experience. Benefits include Paid Time Off, health insurance, and Simple IRA plan.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume in one PDF attachment to: Careers@grantsplus.com
Only applications submitted via email will be considered. Please no calls or emails aside from submission to Careers@grantsplus.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you an experienced grant writer or grant prospect researcher? We are always on the lookout for talented freelancers to work alongside our professional staff on a contract basis as needed.
While most projects will be completed remotely, we have special interest in freelance candidates located near Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati.
Assignments may include:
- Grant writing: Development of grant applications to private, corporate, and government grant funders.
- Content research: Research and compilation of information and data related to specific topics.
- Prospect research: Research and compilation of data about prospective grant funders.
- Marketing writing: Copy writing for newsletters, blog posts, and other marketing channels.
- At least two years of experience in grant writing and/or prospect research for nonprofits.
- Deadline-driven, excellent time management, high attention to detail.
- Openness and enthusiasm to incorporate feedback and edits into work product.
- Reliable access to a personal computer and high-speed internet.
- Preferred: Some experience in a consulting or contracting position.
- Hourly rate.
- Freelancers are solely responsible for all taxes, withholdings, insurance, and any other obligations that may apply to an independent contractor.
Submit a cover letter describing your experience and specific assignment interests, resume, and representative sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up to speed. Visit our LinkedIn Page for more:
The Akron Art Museum maintained a high level of granting activity and success during a time of transition because of Grants Plus.
Bryan de Boer, Director of Advancement
AKRON ART MUSEUM